Wednesday 14 May 2014



CHAGOIS

I've always had a soft spot for Chagois.I think it's a combination of their strength and simplicity.There is always a place for a chagoi in a pond. They get extremely tame/friendly and greedy ,so will often encourage the other koi in the pond to feed more profusely.

I've found that Ogata Koi Farm producers some extremely good Chagois.



I purchased these 2 Nisai at the Ogata November Auction in 2012 with Paul Coetzee- who shares my passion for this variety.Both koi are in my Champion's pond.


















This fish is now only 3,5 years old and over 85cm- classic strong body and great, even scalation/ colour.




This Chagoi is more chocolate and is over 80cm and has developed a lot of character in her face with distinctive chubby cheeks-Paul's favorite! Won't be as big as the other-imo- but is still stunning! I am sure Paul will be showing at least one of them at the KZN Show in July and I will then get updates on pictures and sizes.


2 other stunning Ogata Chagois:-

A beautiful Chagoi grown by Ernst from Nisai to win some coverted awards.
Mark bought this Chagoi from Dream Koi who grew it on frm nisai to an 80cm Sansai. Mark has put another 7cm onto the koi and I'm sure we will see this fish do something special at the Western Cape Show later this year.



No comments:

Post a Comment